Only the people who have cancer can truly understand what it’s like to live through it. It’s got to be one of the scariest things in human life to deal with. But it doesn’t have to be.
Once I learned how to deal with my journey through mindfulness and meditation, my experience with cancer changed dramatically.
One of the lovely people who has taken my workplace Mindfulness Meditation Facilitator Training course and is now becoming certified, named Debby from Kentucky, asked me to create this video for a cancer support group. I thought I would put this out there in the hope that it may help other people going through this.
How meditation helps me:
- Calms my mind and body, so my body can heal.
- Gives me the strength to deal with this, and helps me feel connected to something bigger than myself.
- Gives me perspective in life.
- Helps me deal with stress so much better these days.
- Allows me to be at peace with the decisions I make to heal and stay healthy. Cuts out all the ‘noise’.
- Cultivates inner joy. It’s not a constant woo-woo joy, it’s more like a contentment that is with me most of the time. On bad days, I am able to pull myself out of a funk in a reasonable timeframe.
- …and much, much more.
I hope this helps someone out there. Please know that meditation and mindfulness can change your experience through cancer, or any other rough things you go through in life.
~Wendy Quan, of The Calm Monkey.