To all you kale eaters out there – we LOVE kale, but sometimes find we need more ideas on how to enjoy it. I got this great, super easy and really tasty recipe from the ‘Forks Over Knives’ book.
Here is a clear winner in their recipe book:
KALE WITH WALNUT SAUCE
- 1 bunch kale (personally I prefer the green kale variety)
- 1-2 Tbsp tamari sauce (or you can use soy sauce)
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- Cut up kale, remove the hard stems & boil in 1.5 inches of water in a frypan – cover while it’s boiling for 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a food processor, blend the walnuts, garlic & tamari. Add water slowly until you get a nice dressing-like consistency. (I like to be conservative with the amount of tamari and garlic first, mix it all up and taste it to see if more of either should be added.)
- Simply toss the kale with the walnut dressing, and serve!
You’ll really enjoy this! It’s easy, quick, super healthy & tasty! Yummm…..
If you are unfamiliar with kale, it’s worth getting to know it. It’s one of the most nutritious and delicious foods out there. Here is a good article about kale.